Computers are electro-mechanical devices that are easily susceptible to dust. Dust from the environment your computer is in can affect the overall performance of your PC, and can even end up doing physical damage to it. In most cases, we find that our clients tend to neglect the idea of cleaning their computer on a routine basis.
Here are a few of the ways dust can negatively impact your computer:
- If you don’t protect your computer from dust it will eventually build up, clogging the fans and and causing overheating issues
- The dust can also clog up the open areas of your computer's case which are meant for effective dissipation of the heat generated by your PC
- The dust is bad for the performance of your computer because it is an insulator and can heat up internal components of your PC. This heat can cause extra resistance to the electrical components and they slow down eventually. Dust can block fan vents or if it’s deep enough, it may result in insulating the parts. This insulation will cause overheating.
- Some dust particles are capable of conducting electricity and they can short out your computer. This may cause serious damage to your computer.
- Dust will find its way into any part of your computer or laptop and can affect that part negatively. For example, dust can increase power consumption of PCs.
All of these problems could lead to costly replacements or repairs of computer parts.
Computer Cleaning-Best Way to Bring Back The Top Condition of Your PC
A computer that contains accumulated dust or debris may not run properly and computer cleaning is one of the preventive measures that will help you to reduce the harmful effects of dust on the performance of your PCs.
Computer cleaning refers to the physical cleaning of the interior and exterior of your computer and removal of dust and debris from power supplies, cooling fans and other hardware components. You must clean your PCs after a certain period of time like once in a week or at least in a month.
Thus, you need to check your computer or laptop for dirt and clogs because the proper maintenance and cleaning of your PCs will help you prevent from critical and costly failure.
Below are two photos we took of one of our customer's desktop computer. Notice the extreme difference between the before and after photos!
Before Dust Removal
After Dust Removal